Sunday, September 14, 2008

Football -- Not Just for Guys!

One thing you might not know about me...I am a huge Pats fan. Not hard to understand, given their amazing achievements these past six years.

But today is the first time in 128 New England Patriots games that quarterback Tom Brady did not start. The last time the Patriots played a game without Brady was early in the 2001 season. As much as I love this team, I didn't think I'd be able to watch the game without Brady, despite the fact that Matt Cassel came through with a win last week after Tom was injured facing off against the Kansas City Chiefs. And this week's game against the New York Jets was strange, for sure, with Cassel getting sacked three times in the second half, and throwing just one long pass down the field. But then our team sacked Brett Favre, dragging him back down the field and almost into his own endzone, for a loss of (I think) 24 yards. Unbelievable. In the end, Cassel came through again, with a final win of 19-10. Go Pats!



So I think I know the secret to how these quarterbacks are selected, and let me be the first to say that I approve wholeheartedly.

1. You have to be at least 6'4" tall

2. You must be in superb physical condition

3. You must be cover-model gorgeous

I mean, check out the Pats quarterback lineup. First, Tom Brady. Could he be any cuter? And at 6'4", 225 pounds, he's one gorgeous slab of beefcake:



Then there's Matt Cassel, the backup quarterback who, so far, has been able to lead the Pats to two consecutive victories. At 6'4, 230 lbs, he's an able stand-in for Brady in more ways than one!


And finally, there's rookie quarterback Kevin O'Donnell, fresh out of college and learning the ropes from the best in the league. At 6'5", 225 pounds, he's absolutely adorable.


Who says girls can't enjoy football?? I say, go Pats!

1 comment:

kim h said...

he is cute matt. poor tom no more eye candy lol.

go 49ers