Saturday, October 4, 2008

How 'bout them Red Sox?

I was fortunate enough to get a ticket to last night's Red Sox game against the Anaheim Angels, and boy, was it a game. This was my first Red Sox game (that time I had box seats at Fenway doesn't count, since we only stayed for two innings and never actually watched the game). The Angels stadium is beautiful...gorgeous rock structures with tumbling waterfalls behind the outfield, comfortable seating and everything was spotlessly clean. We had great seats, in the lower section, right behind the left field foul pole. This picture looks like we're far away, but we could see the players clearly.
Here we are, walking into the stadium:

We were right next to the warm-up cage, and at one point, I was so close to Jason Varitek that I could have reached out and touched up, if it weren't for the six foot chain-link fence, the concrete retaining wall, and the four security officers standing nearby. I couldn't get my camera out of my itty-bitty pocketbook in time to snap his picture, but did get one of Dice-K warming up:

Here we are, in our seats...we were fortunate to have a number of Red Sox fans all around us, which didn't make the Angels fans in the row behind us very happy. They left in the sixth inning to find friendlier territory.

The game was amazing, with an opening inning that saw four Red Sox runs. The Angels came back over the next six innings and tied the game 5-5 until the top of the ninth, when the Red Sox banged in two more runs, and the Angels were all done. I've never heard a crowd so loud...they were absolutely deafening. Here's a look at Big Pappy on the scoreboard...


And a look at the scoreboard at the end of the game...it was completely satisfying!


Have a great weekend!!

No comments: