Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Four and a half stars!!

ABLE-BODIED gets four and a half stars from Romantic Times BookReviews!!



Here is the review:

ABLE-BODIED (4.5) by Karen Foley: In this meltingly hot story, Reiki healer and sensitive Hannah Hartwell flees Boston after a crooked police officer frames her when she won't sleep with him. She disappears in the night, accidentally taking some money with her. Setting up her new business in North Carolina, Hannah meets Ransom Bennett of Delta Force, a man wounded in both body and heart. She works to heal him even as the powerful erotic connection between them explodes. But danger lurks. Ransom is wonderful and sexy, a strong, silent hero who protects those he cares for. Hannah is appealing and sweet. This is a wonderful romance you won't be able to stop reading. —Page Traynor

This review is the best Christmas gift I could ask for, especially considering how difficult this book was to write. I distinctly recall having just a week left before my deadline, and having to travel to upstate New York for business for two weeks. I literally locked myself into my hotel room over the weekend, lit my creativity candle, set my energizing crystals on the table beside me, and wrote for two days. I barely ate, barely slept, and kept thinking, "How am I ever going to finish this book without compromising the characters I've come to love so much?" I mean that sincerely; I love the hero in this story so much. Ransom Bennett is abrasive and rude and completely intimidating, but the heroine sees past that to the tender heart he tries so hard to hide.

I'm so thrilled that this book received such a wonderful review, and I hope that my readers love the story, too!

Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Just wanted to say that I really enjoyed Able-Bodied, I finished it in one sitting. It was fun, sexy and a little dangerous. I hope to red more about Ransom and his unit. Thanks for the enjoyable book, read you later,

Erica