Sunday, March 1, 2009

In Like a Lion...

I woke up this morning to find an email from a friend in Virginia, about how happy she was to see her daffodils coming up. Her message made me happy, too, because it meant that Spring isn't that far off and in just a few weeks, I might see crocuses and daffodils begin to appear, too.
But then I looked outside and saw snowflakes falling. At first, I wasn't too concerned since they were so light, but they didn't stop. They continued until dinnertime, and although the total accumulation was only a few inches, I've been told it's only a prelude to the real show. The news reports say we're in for a pounding tonight, beginning about...now...and ending sometime tomorrow afternoon. Which means that instead of looking like early Spring int the morning, it will look more like this:

So the silver lining in all of this is that I get one more day at home with the girls (yes, I'm a total wimp and will not drive to work). We'll light a fire and watch movies, and I'll cook grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup for lunch, and in between, I'll work on my manuscript.

That sounds like heaven to me...

No comments: