Saturday, July 26, 2008

The Write Life

In the spirit of Cathryn's blog over at The Moody Muses (see link, at right), I thought I'd share some pictures of the places where I find the most peace, and where I do most of my writing. This picture is of my sunroom, and although you can't see, there is a long bank of floor to ceiling windows facing the couch. This room is my favorite; it overlooks both the yard and the water. In the afternoon, the entire room shimmers with the reflection of water on the walls. This is Caitlin, my 14-year old daughter, reading a letter from Duncan, who is away at camp. She's sitting in my favorite spot. I love to curl up here with my laptop, with my research material spread out around me.

If the weather is nice, I'll take my laptop outside and sit on the patio, where I can watch the boats go by and listen to the sound of the water. This picture was taken yesterday, after more than a week of torrential rain. You can see everything is overgrown and wet, but on a nice day there is no better place to be.

No comments: