Saturday, February 9, 2008

Last Mango in Paradise




Today was my last appointment at Pleasure Island, our own little slice of the tropics here in snowbound Groveland. The girls say I look like an Oompah Loompah -- that I have an orange tint -- but I don't think so. In fact, DH hasn't even noticed, and I have tan lines!

So....I went and got the Vera Bradley laptop bag, but I chose a discontinued pattern, which I actually like better than my first choice and I got a 25% discount! It was so pretty that I splurged and got a matching wallet to replace the one I have that's too big for my pocketbook and is splitting at the seams (hey, rationalization is everything!).

I'm sitting here tonight watching the Italian job, an thinking about the cruise, and wondering what the shopping will be like in St. Maarten, touted as one of the best shopping mecca's in the Caribbean. So I did a quick Google search, and came up with a list of shops, including this one called Last Mango in Paradise, which looks like it sells a lot of Jimmy Buffet style stuff, as well as touristy souveniers.



I'm not a gal who has a passion for expensive jewelry, and most of mine is silver with glass or mineral stones. But I have a friend who came back from the islands with a gorgeous silver bracelet with shimmering blue opals that gave the impression she was wearing the tropical waters of the Caribbean around her wrist. So, if the price was right...maybe. So now you're probably thinking I'm this person who has no other ambition in life but to shop and spend money, but -- okay...(who am I kidding)...you're right!

No comments: