Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Off to Disney


So we spent most of yesterday at the beach; I guess the surf was a little wilder than normal, since there were lots of surfer-boys with wave-boards riding the surf. It was entertaining, but only if you weren't actually in the water. There was a good chance they might wipe you out! At one point, Caitlin and I thought we were about to become the first shark-casuality of Englewood Beach, but the creature swimming less than four feet away turned out to be a dolphin! Once my heart rate slowed down, I thought it was pretty amazing. Afterwards, we went to dinner at Sharky's on the Pier, a seafood restaurant directly on the water with an enormous pier that extends out about 400 feet into the ocean (okay, that might be a slight exaggeration, but it's enough that people actually catch sharks off the end. Here's a picture of the restaurant from the pier...
So today we're off to Orlando for a couple of days in the parks. Sad to be packing up our suitcases, since we won't be coming back here to my parent's house before John and the girls head home, and I meet up with my sister for the cruise. More later!!

No comments: